Happy Monday, trust your weekend was good. Today I am sharing a video I have filmed and uploaded today, this is in response to the heavily critical and in my opinion wrong comments on HRH Duchess of Cambridge’s gown color choice at last nights BAFTA’S. I am trying something new here on TLL where I share a little more of my personal view on matters when they stimulate a reaction. This is in hope you will gain a deeper more genuine and authentic look into the person I am. This issue is personal for me and I wanted to share with you how I felt. I hope you enjoy. Please comment and share your thoughts even if you think I am totally wrong, (lets just keep in polite.)
Today I am sharing with you a different sort of video, something personal to me, quietly it is a video I am quite proud of, because I am sharing with you some of my innermost thoughts and feelings. I have not done a musings video before and I am thinking of starting to make it a monthly thing. I would love to hear your thoughts.
How are you? I’m ok, but it has been very busy here. I have had visitors and Little L just turned two, (I am still recovering emotionally and physically after a toddler party!) I can hardly believe as I write this that we are half way through November and the holiday season is rapidly approaching (far quicker than I would like.) If you have been visiting my site for a while, you will know that I love the holiday season, especially now that I have a daughter. I want to absorb and enjoy all the magic of the season. The only thing that can have me a little frazzled during the season is gift giving. I love to give gifts, but I do have lots to purchase and it’s important that people like what they receive. Whilst I appreciate that gift lists make the whole process much easier, I do feel that they can remove some of the magic. I like a gift to be a treat; something that the recipient might not need but will use or enjoy. There is no art to gift purchasing and with less and less time available for us to peruse the grand offerings I am going to offer you some suggestions and thoughts on the blog this week. I will be displaying a wide selection, but I do ask you to take these more as general ideas rather than specific product suggestions. In case you do like some of the featured products, I have linked all the images and made sure that they can be bought internationally or something similar sourced locally. I have also tried to cater to a variety of budgets. Even some of the pricier items will have a less expensive alternative, for example notepads can be purchased from Dollar Tree/ Pound Land or Smythsons.
Do you love to give gifts? Do you have people who are really difficult? Men I often find the hardest and I will share some suggestions for them later in the week. I may ask for some assistance from Mr L.
It is good to be back.
Ta Ta for now
1. Macbook Pro. This has to be the Aston Martin of laptops for bloggers, internet shoppers and computer-loving ladies. Versatile, lightweight and allows you the flexibility to work on the go or whenever you get a spare moment. They also look stylish and sophisticated. A real treat.
2. Rifle Paper Desk Pad. This company produces the most beautiful stationery, all women I know love stationery of all kinds. If like me you have a toddler removing notepads from your desk or you’re always looking for a scrap of paper to write on, then this might be perfect. Beautiful and useful.
3. Frends Headphones. Headphones designed for the lady. They look incredible and would be a welcomed gift for any lady. The colors are beautiful. Love a product which is stylish and functional.
4. Rifle Paper Notebooks. A Lady can never have too many of these, even if she is an electronics addict. So useful and beautiful.
5. Anthropologie Gold and White Mug. I feel like every photograph I have seen of a desk I like has had this mug or a similar one with pens being held in it. So pretty. It would also be wonderful to put coffee in.
6. Ringly. I have blogged before about my Ringly. For the busy lady who does not want to miss an email, text or IM again. You don’t have to have your phone in hand with this. Plus the craftsmanship of the ring is stunning. It simply looks like a beautiful piece of costume jewelry. A variety of colors and sizes available. A stylish must.
7. Target Desk Lamp. Good old Target, they never disappoint with some of the items they design and their price point. Although some might not think of a lamp as a gift, this to me is so stylish any woman would love it.
8. Aspinal of London Business Card Holder Quality company and quality product. Who wouldn’t want a stylish item to hold business cards in? These come in a variety or colors and you can have initials embossed. A lovely gift.
9. Rifle Paper Calendar. So many calendars on offer but every busy woman needs a stylish place to keep her life on track and Rifle Paper produce some of the prettiest calendars on the market.
1. French Linen Napkins, Amazon. One can never have enough napkins and I love the simple clean look of French Linen. Beautiful gift for anyone, male or female, also as a hostess gift. You could be ultra kind and have family initials embroidered into the corner. So elegant.
2. Spiralizer, William & Sanoma These are all the rage, especially if you want to watch your carb intake and want to increase your vegetables. I have heard so many good things about these. Great idea for the cook. Also ideal thing to use to make dinners after the holiday indulgences.
3. Marble Board, Sur La Table. Marble and Copper seem to be all the rage at the moment, and I must be honest: I think this board looks beautiful. It is clean and sophisticated whether for everyday or when hosting guests. Plus a great price point.
5. KitchenAid Empire Red, Nespresso. I have to admit when I saw one of these in my local Nespresso store I went a little weak at the knees. If you are a coffee lover and have not had Nespresso, go and try it. I must admit I have never loved their coffee machine designs before, a little modern for my taste, but I love the retro look of this one. Great coffee and great style and win win. A treat gift that will keep giving.
6. Thermal Travel Mug, Kate Spade I am getting more into these, especially as I need more and more coffee to function. I love the idea that you can carry it around and keep it warm. Trust Kate Spade to produce such a pretty one. Any lady would love to receive such a beautiful and functional present.
7. Nocturne Cheese Board, Anthropologie I was so impressed when I entered Anthropologie this season, the gift offerings for women I think are amongst the best I have seen. I loved lots and lots in their range. I have picked a few things including this cheese board. What a pretty board to pull out when you are entertaining.
8. Moscow Mule Copper Mug, Target I mentioned earlier that Copper is having a come back and I am seeing these cocktail mugs around everywhere. I thought this price at Target was brilliant and again a great hostess gift or gift for the drink lovers amongst us.
9. Raised Bloom Measuring Cups I am on the lookout for new measuring cups and these are really beautiful. Cooking and baking should be functional but pretty as well. These would be wonderful gift for the baking enthusiast.