Happy Friday! You made it through another week.Yay. So Spring Break is approaching and that for many (usually me) means sun, sand, swimming and Sangria. Unfortunately my family are on the move soon so any exciting tropical experience has been postponed. So to rub extra salt in my wounds I wanted to share with you all some ideas and essentials for that wonderful sunny beach experience. I may have to grab a few of these items so I can enjoy the Texan summer when it arrives. Anyone going anywhere gorgeous? Do you have some great recommendations of places to go?
Ta ta for now
- J Crew Panama Hat – Fashionable, elegant and practical. The hat is not too large that you find you are constantly removing it. Looks cute and you are protecting your face from the sun. Keep you looking youthful.
2. Brown Leather Sandals These are beautiful and practical. The color goes with everything.
3. Pretty Beaded Clutch Love this! If you can not have something pretty and colorful when its very sunny and the sand is between you toes, when can you? In the evenings what do you need more than your room key and lippie? It screams holiday to me!
4.Turkish Towel Less bulky than a regular towel and so pretty. Such a variety of colors and take up less space in your case and beach tote. Win win.
5. Honest Sunscreen The most important item and I like to choose sunscreen which contains as few chemicals as possible. I trusted this brand with Little L’s skin last year and I will do the same with the family once again.
6. Beautiful Evening Sun Dress So many colors and styles to choose from, but every lady needs a killer evening dress for those evenings in tavernas watching the sun go down and for romantic strolls along the beach. This one is so pretty.
7. Cover- Up Kimono All ladies need a great cover- up for walking to the beach/pool, eating lunch and covering up when the rays get too much. This is pretty and such a good price point. White and blue is so pretty and fresh looking, great for spring break.
8. A great book A holiday essential and this is one of my favs. While researching this for this post, I was elated to see that it was becoming a movie with none other than Micheal Fassbender playing the lead. Wow. Read the book it is a beautiful story.
9. Swim Suit A great one-piece is essential and I love blue, not a black gal (although I should be for slimming necessity!) This is classic but still has a sexy/youthful edge. Would look perfect in paradise.
10. A great tote A fantastic bag is essential, whether it is to carry lots of items to the beach or for the flight, these totes are amongst the best. They are made from sailcloth which makes them strong and sturdy. They are functional and in such lovely designs.
11. Statement Earrings Earrings of the season and so pretty with summer hair styles. So many colors and styles to choose. A summer must.
12. Lifefactory Water Bottle So important to stay hydrated and stylish and this achieves both.
13. Sunglasses Sun protection is so important and eyes are no exception. These glasses will have you looking cool and protecting your eyes.
- Shirt I am a sucker for a man in a check shirt and all men in shorts with a tan look good in them, regardless of age or stature. So many colors and designs but a good check linen shirt is a holiday must for the traveling gent.
- Backpack If your man is anything like Mr L he has to carry a briefcase style bag everyday and is looking for a less formal option when on vacation. This fits the bill, great color and size. It is also functional as it leaves your arms free, to help wrestle children and luggage.
- Towel Functional, large and manly.
- Shorts Can not go wrong with mens navy shorts.
- Sunglasses Like the ladies these are functional and beautiful.
- Polo Shirt A classic, variety of colors and styles.
- Beach Games When you are fed up with reading and want to play a little to work up a thirst. These beach games are great fun.
- Book I am not an expert in choosing literature for men but I find anything by John Le Carre is a hit with Mr L.
- Swim Shorts These are fun.
- Docksider Shoes Classic and comfortable and look great with shorts, a male staple.
- Playsuit I love this, so pretty, great for summer and the beach.
- Swim Suit I love the vintage look of this, would look great with a tan.
- Beach Towel The hood on this is great, such bright colors and you can personalize.
- Kaftan This tunic is super cute and works brilliantly to cover up your little one when they have had too much sun.
- Backpack I am a strong believer in “what you bring you carry.” So I like to encourage Little L to carry her things and these backpacks are fantastic. Lots of sizes and designs available.
- Beach Toys I bought these for Little L last year for spring break and she has loved them, reasonable price, lightweight and can be carried in your suitcase.
- Hat Protecting your little one from the sun is essential and a great hat is so important. I have found these work well and they come in a variety of sizes and patterns.
- Dress These are so beautiful and look wonderful on little ladies.
- Sandals Little L had these last summer and I will buy her more this year. The quality is fantastic and so useful for the beach.
- Swim Shorts Love the color and style of these.
- Backpack Such an appropriate pattern for the beach. Let them carry all their junk in style.
- Polo Another classic which will never date and looks great on the beach.
- Shirt Smart and fun, told you I like check.
- Towel Such a fun pattern
- Beach Toys Just showing my Brit side with a cricket set. I had one growing up and it was so well traveled.
- Shorts Love these are the color. So fun.
- Sandals Love these sandals in navy or brown for boys. Super functional and classic.
- Hat It is so important to keep their faces protected from the sun and this is so cute.