How was your weekend? Mine was a wonderful, I have family visiting and we went to a farm with rides and a fall celebration it was a fabulous time. Little L was in her element as she had her first pony ride which was as much of a thrill for her as for me (and she was a natural.) It really is good for the soul to spend time outdoors with those you love, treasured memories were made. When you live so far from special people you learn to appreciate the time you spent together.
I am well aware for the majority of you it has been cooling down for a while and you have been enjoying the trappings of cooler fashion. It finally is showing minute signs of cooling here and being super excited I wanted to share with you my fav fall items, things I am eager to wear. Most of these will transcend to winter so if a few are a little pricier you can justify it the lifestyle way 😉.
1. Gilet or Vest – either describes this versatile item which is perfect for the season. This year in particular I have noticed a larger selection in styles, patterns and colors. I own two and hope to replace once this season!!
2. Comfy Sneakers/Trainers – now I never thought I TLL would ever be the advocate of these, but life for me has changed and ballet pumps or boots just don’t hack it when I am running around after a toddler. So fear not those who know me well I will not be wearing loud and proud athletic shoes with my jeans but this season I found some keepers.
3. Plaid/Tartan Blanket Scarf- I will be honest I bought one of these last winter, so am totally thrilled to see them back in vogue once again. My mantra the bigger the better which might not work so well if you are on the petite side, but stores are producing a variety of sizes. This really depends what colors suits you and what patterns you like.
4. Breton Tops- the classic stripe. Call me traditional I am always drawn to the chic navy and white. It has that Audrey Hepburn feel. They are everywhere in all colors and styles. I have a collection and they never date. I want to add red and white to the pile.
5. The Trench Coat- an absolute must for every closet or wardrobe. I like most things think this is worth investing in but the high street produces such fun varieties in colors and styles each season. This item is so elegant and keeps you looking put together even in the rain. I bought a new classic last season but here are a few that have caught my eye. I do hope to get some wear out of mine, we need some rain in the South.
So that’s my loves for the season. I have plenty more I want to share with you all. Is that something you might be interested in? What are your loves? What do you disagree with? Get in touch.
Ta Ta for now