Happy Friday, yes another week bites the dust. I don’t know about where you live but it is still very warm here in Texas, I am lusting after Fall. We are still suffering living through potty training hell, I make no apologies when I say this is the toughest challenge I have faced in parenting yet. I think we may be seeing glimpses of light at the end of the tunnel (here is hoping Little L does not read this because she will have other plans.) This weekend Mr L is working although we do have a date night planned for Saturday night, I think we will grab a movie and dinner, it will be relaxed (and that is how we like it.) There are so many movies to choose from however, I really want to see The Light Between Oceans I would go as far as to say that is the best book I have read in an age, plus it has Mr Fassbender in it which is a win win. I also want to see the Tom Hanks film Sully, although Mr L is less keen since we are taking a plane soon enough. I will report back on what we choose.
This week has been a week of firsts on the blog, on Wednesday I shared something I never want anyone else to experience,it was very tough to publish but I was overwhelmed by the kind words and messages I received all over social media and email. I am simply happy that it brought comfort to some, resonated with others and more felt it could be used to explain to others how they were feeling. It has been my proudest moment on the blog to date, so thank you. I shall have to be more open more often. Today’s video is another first I am talking about Gym Wear, please do not chuckle into your coffee cups. Since my recent miscarriage I have been trying to find ways to focus on keeping positive, I have found joining a gym, sweating a little really makes me feel better both mentally and physically. I mean those endorphins or dolphins (as Little L calls them) exist. I am never going to be a gym loving, fitness fanatic but I have started a small routine which is helping keep me on the straight and narrow and that is good. So please enjoy.
Happy Friday! You made it through another week.Yay. So Spring Break is approaching and that for many (usually me) means sun, sand, swimming and Sangria. Unfortunately my family are on the move soon so any exciting tropical experience has been postponed. So to rub extra salt in my wounds I wanted to share with you all some ideas and essentials for that wonderful sunny beach experience. I may have to grab a few of these items so I can enjoy the Texan summer when it arrives. Anyone going anywhere gorgeous? Do you have some great recommendations of places to go?
Ta ta for now
J Crew Panama Hat – Fashionable, elegant and practical. The hat is not too large that you find you are constantly removing it. Looks cute and you are protecting your face from the sun. Keep you looking youthful.
3. Pretty Beaded Clutch Love this! If you can not have something pretty and colorful when its very sunny and the sand is between you toes, when can you? In the evenings what do you need more than your room key and lippie? It screams holiday to me!
4.Turkish Towel Less bulky than a regular towel and so pretty. Such a variety of colors and take up less space in your case and beach tote. Win win.
5. Honest Sunscreen The most important item and I like to choose sunscreen which contains as few chemicals as possible. I trusted this brand with Little L’s skin last year and I will do the same with the family once again.
6. Beautiful Evening Sun Dress So many colors and styles to choose from, but every lady needs a killer evening dress for those evenings in tavernas watching the sun go down and for romantic strolls along the beach. This one is so pretty.
7. Cover- Up Kimono All ladies need a great cover- up for walking to the beach/pool, eating lunch and covering up when the rays get too much. This is pretty and such a good price point. White and blue is so pretty and fresh looking, great for spring break.
8. A great book A holiday essential and this is one of my favs. While researching this for this post, I was elated to see that it was becoming a movie with none other than Micheal Fassbender playing the lead. Wow. Read the book it is a beautiful story.
9. Swim Suit A great one-piece is essential and I love blue, not a black gal (although I should be for slimming necessity!) This is classic but still has a sexy/youthful edge. Would look perfect in paradise.
10. A great tote A fantastic bag is essential, whether it is to carry lots of items to the beach or for the flight, these totes are amongst the best. They are made from sailcloth which makes them strong and sturdy. They are functional and in such lovely designs.
11. Statement Earrings Earrings of the season and so pretty with summer hair styles. So many colors and styles to choose. A summer must.
13. Sunglasses Sun protection is so important and eyes are no exception. These glasses will have you looking cool and protecting your eyes.
Shirt I am a sucker for a man in a check shirt and all men in shorts with a tan look good in them, regardless of age or stature. So many colors and designs but a good check linen shirt is a holiday must for the traveling gent.
Backpack If your man is anything like Mr L he has to carry a briefcase style bag everyday and is looking for a less formal option when on vacation. This fits the bill, great color and size. It is also functional as it leaves your arms free, to help wrestle children and luggage.
It is Friday! Congratulations you have made it through another week. Looking forward to a weekend of great weather in Texas, so I have that Friday feeling and I thought I would share some of the things I have liked and loved this week.
So I mentioned the weather is to be good this weekend as a result we have been invited to our first BBQ of the year, a BBQ in January who would have thought? We will actually be able to sit outside rather than the summer where the heat is a nightmare. I am making an appetizer, wanting to stretch my repertoire I am going to make this, hope it is yummy I will report back.
It’s baby fever amongst my friends at the moment, and I love the American tradition of Baby Showers and Sprinkles. I really enjoy celebrating the mum and the impending arrival. I have a sprinkle to attend this weekend, although I had already purchased a gift I was in Gap this week and saw these. For those of you who are not familiar with the Mr Men books or The Little Miss books you have missed out. I loved these during my childhood and they are a great gift for children. They are smaller books with a great moral message to them all. The collections can be bought through Amazon here and here. A great addition to any child’s library.
If you have a littlie in your life who is fond of Disney like Little L, The Disney Store is having a fab sale on plush soft toys, buy one full price ($19.95) get the second for $1. Elsa and Cilla (Cinderella) were added to our family.
I think I have mentioned earlier my love of candles and Bed Bath & Bodyworks are having another sale. I went in to see what I could find and discovered the Lilacs candle, I love the smell so much, it is delicate and reminds me of Spring which is not far away. I also managed to get a Gardenia room fragrance, I love The smell of Gardenia’s I just wish they did this in a body cream.
I was disappointed when I was in London that one of my Christmas gifts (a Liz Earle facial) was cancelled due to the therapist being sick, so Mummy L gained the benefit, which is good. Liz Earle so kindly sent me a pack of goodies to say sorry. It was a lovely surprise and I will blog when I have tried all I was given. It was so kind of them. So thank you. I have been a fan of the brand for years. Give them a try.