Happy Monday! How are you? Good weekend? Mine was really fab! Pampering, time with friends and family equates to a LL happy weekend. The cherry on the cake was arrival of a cooler front in Texas which brought with it temps of 70 and 80 which was wonderful. It was well-timed arrival as we welcomed October (can you believe that?) October to me is a wonderful month. Where I live it is finally cools enough to feel like Autumn, it also brings the change of colors and it is the quiet before the storm of November and December which are so busy! It’s all about harvest, and appreciating the land. I love to be outside enjoying the fresh air. Today on the blog I thought I would share what I love about October. What do you love about October? What have I missed? Get in touch.
- Sips. October brings such variety in the drinkie area, we start to transition back to warm coffee and travel mugs. (LLL my Starbucks gold travel mug) It also starts the pumpkin spiced coffees which I must admit are not my thang but all my friends love. My friend has written a great blog post on pumpkin coffee, check it out. For those of you who like an adult drinkie, October brings the world-famous Oktoberfest, and many other mini versions all across the world. I am quite sure every town and city will have something related. The beer and cider companies all celebrate by creating pumpkin spiced beverages, which are delicious.
- Slippers & Sweaters. Yes cozy time, the cashmere can come out, you want to remove your feet from boots and place them in warm slippers. You can wrap up in knit-wear and go out without sweating. YAY! Dont get me started about throws and blankets!!!
- Scary. Yes Halloween time. I mentioned in an earlier blog that I am not crazy about Halloween but I do enjoy the decoration and preparation of a holiday. I love that it is a start of a new tradition with Little L. We have been sorting her costume and reading all about the fun of it all.
- Sports. Yes you are to be amazed that this made the LL list. It is not really for me more for Mr L and my friends, but I am slowly getting more into American Footie and October is a good month because the season is well underway. For my UK friends the footie and rugby season are well underway as well. For TLL it means Mr L is happy to stay in and watch footie so I can go out and have a few gal nights (win win!)
- Senses. Yes the smell, sounds and sights of October are amongst my favs. The smell of Bed, Bath & Bodyworks candle Leaves captures October in a smell. I’m probably crazy but I also love to go outside and inhale the fresh (crisper) air of October it always smells good. Especially here, the sounds of October I enjoy, you can hear kids playing in the park or street, people blowing leaves, washing cars and chatting. All signs of life and people coming out of their sweaty hibernation. With sights other than the obvious beautiful color changes, October brings the new TV seasons, something to cuddle up to with a cozy blanket as the nights draw in. TGIT Yay!!
So these are just a few LL loves. Drop me a comment let me know what you like!
Ta ta for now,