How was your weekend? Super Bowl filled fun? I have to be honest I am not the greatest fan of football but with the adverts and halftime show to keep you entertained you get through it. Plus who doesn’t want to live in Ryan Town? The weekend as ever went crazy fast, I had plenty of fun and I am recovering after two nights out in a row. Life is not what it was! So tis the season for dry hands, who is with me? I always feel it across my knuckles when my hands are dry. I’m not sure whether it is being in and out of the cold or that I am outside more enjoying the park and not wearing gloves, (because how can you take squillions of photos of your little cherub and check Facebook and Twitter when you are wearing gloves?) I have my hands in water far more than I have ever done, not just washing dishes but washing my hands a million times a day. I also think that when I was a working in an office I always took greater care of my hands because I was always applying cream. What else can you do on a conference call?
My mother has always told me that your hands and decolletage tells a ladies age, so taking care of them is essential. I do try, I am making a conscious effort to place hand cream in places where I have 10 seconds to apply, like in the car when I am in the drive-thru que, on my desk and next to my bed (an obvious place,) although I am often too tired to remember. I even place hand cream next to my hand washes at my sinks, but those hand creams are a little like conditioner, the wash runs out and there is always lots of cream left. Since I am suffering with dry hands I wanted to share with you what I love and what I turn to when I need my hands to be silky smooth. I have to tell you that hand cream makes a wonderful gift, male or female as a hostessing gift or for those who love to garden. Just an idea!
What do I look for in a hand cream? I must love the fragrance. It must actually make my hands feel more comfortable and nourished. I hate that film and sticky feeling some of the creams can leave on your hands, why would I want to wash that off my hands which defeats the point. So I am quite fussy, shock horror so here are some of TLL favs:-
- Liz Earle Superskin Hand Serum No beauty recommendation would be
Lifestyle Lady appropriate if it did not include Liz Earle. I love her brand and range of skin care. This is the first time I have used the serum (I think it’s new to the collection.) It does not disappoint. This is next to my bed, it is a serum so I feel it is more nourishing than a standard cream and this is reflected in the cost, it is the most expensive item I have on my list. In my view worth every penny. It has a light fragrance of essential oils and I am very attracted to its botanical nature and the fact it’s natural and does not contain any uglies or nasties. This is typical of the fanstastic standard of Liz Earle and I am glad I have a backup ready.
- Bath & Bodyworks Fresh Tangerines Hand Cream This was a spontaneous buy, I am getting more familiar with the brand. I have always found the candy smell in their stores a little off putting but I sucked it up and bought this and I have not been disappointed. I will tell you I am a sucker for anything that smells of Clementines, Tangerines or Oranges. I love the clean smell and it just reminds me of summer. So this was a no brainier purchase. I obviously love the fragrance but their is a variety of other scents in the collection. For $5 this is such great value and the cream is soothing, comfortable and nourishing.
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Hand Treatment As one would expect of Elizabeth Arden this is great, it is a cult classic. It is probably closest to the Liz Earle and I turn to this when my hands are really dry and need a treat. If you are a fan of the Eight Hour range than this will be for you.
- Mangiacotti Hand Repair I purchased this when I went to the hairdresser they were selling this range. Again it was the fragrance which drew me in. You will see from the photo that it is almost empty so that should tell you all you need to know. I will repurchase if I can source it.
- Cath Kidston Flora Hand Cream Collection This was a Christmas present from Mr L. He is sick of holding my scraggy hands, yes we still hold hands occasionally – who says romance is dead?! I didn’t have high hopes for this and I have been proved wrong. I adore the fragrances and they are nourishing and creamy. Good job Mr L a great stocking stuffer.
- L’Occitane Hand Creams If you have followed the blog for a while like Liz Earle L’Occitane is another one of the brands I love. TBH L’Occtiane to me knocks it out of the park when it comes to their hand and foot creams. They sell them in such a variety of fragrances and sizes. I am NEVER without one in my purse and they are a beauty staple. There is a reason why it’s loved by The Green Beauty Bible. Treat yourself give it a try.
So what have I missed that you love? Get in touch and let me know.
Ta Ta for now,
Great post! My hands are always so dry in the winter, it’s awful!!
Thanks! Try some of these! Everything is dry at this time of year.
Smell is important, next I don’t want a cream that is to oily and doesn’t soak in or I can’t touch anything for awhile after I put it on. Thanks for experimenting for us.
These are all really good. Give them a try! Thanks for taking time to read.
I’ve always been a huge fan of the elizabeth arden hand cream! Great picks!
All her products are fab!
I will certainly try some of these. I work in a dusty warehouse so my hands are always dry. Thanks for sharing 🙂
These work well! Thanks for dropping by.
Love L’Occtaine creams! Some other favorites for me is Aveda and Baume de Jardiner, so good and so important during the winter! I’ll have to check out Liz Earle, I’ve never used her products before!
Laura | Laura Aime Vous
Thank you! I love L’occtaine product and brand they are fabulous. I am going to check out your recommendations. Thanks for taking the time to drop by.