Happy Thursday. How’s your week going? I am enjoying the cooler weather of Texas and am frantically writing lists for lists as the holiday season approaches. I am continuing my holiday gift guides. Today I am tackling men (what image that conjures up 🤗.) I find gift buying for men near on impossible, what do you buy a guy like Mr L who has everything? 😜 So here are some of the gifts I have purchased or been inspired by for the men in my life. Have you any great ideas for gifts for men? Please get in touch.
Ta Ta for now.
1. Everyday Superfood Jamie Oliver Jamie Oliver is very appealing to male cooks, his no nonsense, fun and easy going approach to cookery makes him a hit. He is also not top show, he can cook and his recipes are simple and tasty. Any of his cookbooks would be great for the gents in your life.
2. Jo Malone Cologne I can not say enough good things about Jo Malone, I have been a fan of her fragrance way before the bandwagon. I can’t tell you how excited I was when she started making cologne. It’s a beautiful gift and a fragrance unlike any other. Who wants to smell like anyone else?
3. Montblanc Pen These are beautiful. Elegant, classy and last a lifetime. Suit both men or women. A wonderful gift. Great for a graduation or new job.
4. Aspinal of London Leather Travel Set If your men are travelers, there is not much more luxurious than a travel set made in beautiful leather. It helps keep you organized and looks elegant. These can be embossed with your initials. Super gift.
5. Aspinal of London Leather Hip Flask If your man likes to play golf on a cold winters day. Or he just likes to carry a hip flask, then this is a great pick. This can be embossed and will last a lifetime.
6. Whiskey Tasting Aroma Kit If your man is anything like Mr L and likes whiskey than this might be a win. It’s a great idea for a whiskey night and they can drink and learn about a favorite tipple.
7. Poker Set While whiskey tasting they can be playing poker. A classic gift that a man should have in collection for those impromtu games nights.
8. BBQ Kit It seems universally acknowledged regardless of climate, men like to BBQ or Grill. This gift has been a hit for all the men in my life regardless of age, a lovely box to store it all in and all the gadgets and gizmos you would ever need to grill chicken.
9. Bose Nose Cancelling Headphones Mr L loves these, whether you frequently travel or just want to enjoy the football undisturbed. These are quality. They really make such a difference. Another great gift.
10. Liz Earle’s Ulitmate Men’s Collection Few men in my experience want to admit they take care of their skin. Even fewer want to have a million lotions and potions to use. Liz Earle’s men’s range is all botanical and good. If you want your man to take better care of his skin give this a try.
1. Maglite Mini Men like to be dependable in a crisis, so why not help them be organized and this would be a great start. Love these and a mini version, great for the car, pocket or tool box.
2. Lego Architecture Big Ben What man doesn’t like Lego? If you have ever woken up on Christmas morning to a household where a young boy is getting a Lego spaceship or ship it is all men regardless of age who are all eager to get stuck in and help. In our house Little L is just starting on Duplo so to curb Mr L’s Lego habit I have bought these. They are quite beautiful when completed and not totally hideous to have in the home. I choose Big Ben for obvious reasons but there is a variety of landmarks to choose from.
3. Origami Sticky Notes Great desk gift, something fun for those long conference calls.
4. Antique Map Calendar Mr L loves maps and he has really started my own interest. They are beautiful especially antique ones. This is a beautiful wall calendar and would suit any sophisticated chap.
5. Tabasco Chocolate I find men like chocolate and many like spice, great combination. This is a must.
6. Zippo Hand Warmer Known for lighters they have now come out with these. Discreet and could be slipped into gloves. Keep their hands warm and perfect.
7. Origins Face Masks I am all in favor of men taking care of themselves discreetly. Origins is a wonderful brand and these suit men or women. Great if your man spends time in the elements or travels.
8. Notebooks All men need these to write down the to do lists given to them by their beloveds. This brand is fantastic, planes, cars, engines whatever your guys thing is they will have a matcho notebook to match.
9. The Art of Manliness Book A fun gift but secretly educational.
10. A Gentlemans Travel Mug A travel mug is great for a guy on the go. Useful and practical.